Recipe I've been playing with recently - Lots of ways to customise and adapt to suit your requirements but this one in particular is very low sugar, low carb and gives you a protein boost so pretty up there for a healthy treat!
- 50g protein (2 scoops)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (can switch for warm almond milk e.g.)
- 2 big table spoons peanut butter/nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder/cacao powder
- 1 table spoons almond flour or coconut flour
- 2 table spoons Erythritol/sweetener of choice
- 2 tea spoons baking powder
- Few drops Vanilla extract (your choice)
- Few drops liquid stevia (your choice)
- Spray oil for tin
1) Add the protein powder and warm water in a bowl
2) Then add the peanut butter - (I love this brand as it contains no palm oil) and mix thoroughly - the warm water will help to melt the peanut butter.
3) Then add the flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and any extra flavouring (like vanilla)
4) Spray your tin or use a baking sheet
5) Pop in the oven at a moderate temperature for around 20-40 min (timing will depend on how thick your brownies are.
6) They are ready when you can pull a knife out clean. Leave to cool before slicing (although you can totally cheat and eat warm if you can't wait...)
7) They go perfect with a Vanilla Chai tea :)
*NOTE You can add some agave to the mixture before baking if you like them a little chewier and sweeter - its all about personal taste - or you can drizzle some over the top of your finished brownies :)
The Protein I use is Genetic Vegan Protein which is very high quality AND tastes great - even with just water.